Pet Information > ASK Experts > Travel with Pets > moving back to the states

moving back to the states

25 10:08:37

We have a little french poodle ???. she weighs 4 1/2 bls and we are madly in love with her. We are going to relocate back to the states from Lake chapala Mexico. she has had all of her puppy shots and her rabies also. by the time we are ready to leave, she will have had her booser injections also. what do we need to bring her back with us across the border.We can get a letter from a local vet, written in english, stating she is in perfect health. Are there any other requirements?


You will need a Health certificate 10 days before travel and a rabies vaccine certification.  The rabies shot has to be older than 30 days but, not older than 365.

I would suggest a microchip for safety but this is optional.

Happy travels,
Valerie Marshall